The Federal Government and local governments provide free services that can help your child achieve her/his developmental goals. Click here if you are concerned about how your child is reaching various developmental milestones, and want information on how you can request a free evaluation and possibly qualify for support at home or at your child's school.
Eliana's Light will develop a tailored Light Constellation Kit for each family whose application for support is approved. This Light Constellation Kit will be developed based on the family's interests and needs, and include complementary care ingredients such as an essential oil, tips on how to mediate, a yoga mat, and a healthy meal. A volunteer will deliver the Light Constellation Kit to the family. Click here to learn more.
Other Organizations You May Want to Contact for Different Kinds of Support
* The Lollipop Kids Foundation: To combat social stigmas, ease the financial burden placed on families that have children with disabilities, offer emotional support, and provide a brief respite so that every child with a disability has access to a hope and a future. www.lollipopkidsfoundation.org
* The Wholehearted Foundation: To provide short-term spiritual, financial, relationship, and program awareness support that makes a long-term impact for “heart families” whose child(ren) receive cardiac care at Children’s National Medical Center in Washington, DC. www.wholeheartedfoundation.org
* Erika Kate Hope Alliance: To help ease the emotional, spiritual and financial burdens borne by parents of children with life-threatening heart disease. www.erikakate.org
* Hope Marietta Foundation: To raise money and awareness for Congenital Heart Defects through community involvement, fundraising events, and service projects directly benefiting local children. www.hopemariettafoundation.com.
* Air Charity Network: To provide access for people in need who are seeking free air transportation to specialized health care facilities or distant destinations due to family, community, or national crisis. www.aircharitynetwork.org
* Children's Cardiomyopathy Foundation: To increase awareness, accelerate research, and advance education on pediatric cardiomyopathy. www.childrenscardiomyopathy.org
* Songs of Love: To provide personalized uplifting songs, free of charge, for children and teens currently facing tough medical, physical or emotional challenges. www.songsoflove.org
* Washington Regional Transplant Community: To respond to every potential organ, tissue and eye donation. www.beadonor.org
* Children's Organ Transplant Association: To provide fundraising assistance and family support to children and young adults who need a life-saving organ transplant. www.cota.org
* Help Hope Live: To support community-based fundraising for people with unmet medical and related expenses due to cell and organ transplants or catastrophic injuries and illnesses. www.helphopelive.org
* Holistic Moms Network: To connect parents who are interested in holistic health and green living. www.holisticmoms.org
* Make a Wish Foundation: To grant the wishes of children with life-threatening illnesses. www.makeawish.org
* Believe in Tomorrow Children's Foundation: To provide exceptional hospital and respite housing services to critically ill children and their families. www.believeintomorrow.org
* Casey Cares Foundation: To provide ongoing and uplifting programming to critically ill children and their families (including siblings!). www.caseycares.org
* Mortgage Bankers Association: To provide mortgage and rental assistance grants to families in need. www.mba.org/who-we-are/the-mba-foundation/apply-for-a-grant
* Hope for Henry Foundation: To provide special gifts of consumer electronics to children hospitalized with life-threatening diseases. www.hopeforhenry.org
* Preemies Today: To advocate for the needs of families experiencing a premature birth. www.preemiestoday.org
Meditation CDs You Can Purchase or download
* Still Quiet Place's meditation CD's for children and adults: www.stillquietplace.com
More coming soon!
Research you can read to access evidence
Books You might find of interest
* Child Decoded: Unlocking Complex Issues in Your Child's Learning, Behavior or Attention. (2017) By Marijke Jones, Robin E. McEvoy PhD, and Kim Gangwish.
* The Holistic Pediatrician, Twentieth Anniversary Revised Edition: A Pediatrician's Comprehensive Guide To Safe and Effective Therapies For the 25 Most Common Ailments Of Infants, Children, and Adolescents. (2016) By Kathi Kemper, M.D., M.P.H.
Information You Can Use
* The National Child Traumatic Stress Network's "Pediatric Medical Traumatic Stress Toolkit for Health Care Providers" (toolkit for parents as well)
* Healthy Child's "Easy Steps" library is a "collection of their tried and true recommendations to make your home (and world) a cleaner, greener, safer place to raise your child. From individual steps to e-books and more, they have all the tools you need to understand the issues and easily take action".
websites, Apps, Videos, and Services You Might Find Useful
* Headspace: A website and an app that make meditation simple.
* List of apps: www.mindful.org/free-mindfulness-apps-worthy-of-your-attention
* Mindfulness app for children: www.mindful-app.com
* Watch this YouTube video on Marian McEvilly of Children's National using aromatherapy, the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), and other complementary care techniques to support patients at Children's National Medical Center.
* Music for Healing and Transition Program: www.mhtp.org
* Potomac Massage Training Institute: www.pmti.org
* Yoga and Meditation Teacher Training: www.themindfulnesscenter.org
* Healing Touch Training: www.healingtouchprogram.com