We hope these resources are helpful to caregivers of children who have complex medical conditions. They are specifically for parents, members of the medical community, and providers of integrative care services. The majority of the services mentioned are for families living in or close to Washington, DC. As Eliana's Light grows, we will add information relevant to families living in other locations.
Click here to download a contact sheet of local family-friendly pharmacies that are familiar with medications for children with complex medical conditions.
Local Government Early Childhood Development Programs
The Federal Government and local governments provide free services that can help your child achieve her/his developmental goals.
For DC Families: Please click here for a list that's regularly updated.
For MD Families: Please click here for a list that's regularly updated.
For VA Families: Please click here for a list that's regularly updated.
Eliana's Light Constellation Kits
Eliana's Light develops and delivers a tailored Light Constellation Kit for each family whose application for support is approved. This Light Constellation Kit will be developed based upon the family's interests and needs; and include complementary care ingredients such as relevant gift certificates, tips on how to create a calming environment, a yoga mat, and a healthy meal. We will only include safe and appropriate relaxation "tools" that caregivers and their kids will use. Click here to learn more. Click here to donate a themed or general Eliana's Light Constellation Kit to a family.
Click here to access a list of other organizations and services that can potentially help you.
- Click here to access a list of organizations and resources specifically related to caring for caregivers.
- Click here to access a tip sheet on mindfulness specifically for caregivers of children who have complex medical conditions.
- Click here to access lists of research you can read on Integrative Medicine, integrative care services, and complementary care.
- Click here for physicians to access Dr. Wayne Jonas' HOPE Note for adding integrative health care to a routine doctor's visit.
- Click here for physicians and parents to access practical tools Dr. Wayne Jonas developed. Examples include: "Provider Pocket Guides" on therapeutic yoga, acupuncture, massage therapy, and nutrition; "Your Healing Journey", and "Taking Charge of Your Health and Wellbeing".
- Click here to access tools parents can use when taking their child to, or while their child is in, the hospital.
- Click here to access information on medical trauma and stress.
- Click here for information on environmental hazards and toxins to try to reduce as a caregiver of a child with a complex medical condition.
- Click here for information on nutrition.
- Click here for websites, apps, websites, apps, CDs, videos, shows, books, and services you might find useful.
- Click here for information on training opportunities related to integrative care services.
- Click here for lists of relevant associations, centers, and references.
Eliana's Light's "Conversations With a Caregiver"
Join us on this journey of learning more about how various complementary and integrative care modalities can support the wellness and well-being of pediatric patients and their caregivers. The following is a list of our online "conversations":
- "Conversation With Erin Gris, Certified Child Life Specialist, Cardiac Intensive Care Unit": April 14, 2018. Hear from Erin on how she uses guided imagery, therapeutic touch, pediatric clinical hypnosis, and other mind-body techniques with pediatric patients and their caregivers in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU). 3 minutes, 30 seconds
- "Conversation With Christina Spencer, Mom of A Child With A Complex Medical Condition": December 3, 2017. Hear from Christina about her daily realities of caring for her 2 children, one of whom had been living for more than 9 months in the hospital when this conversation was recorded. 11 minutes, 30 seconds
- "Conversation With Dr. Anne Berkeley, Licensed and Board Certified Naturopathic Physician": October 14, 2017. Hear from Dr. Berkeley who shares 6 stress relief techniques for caregivers of children with a complex medical condition. 10 minutes, 43 seconds