Throughout the month of April until Mother's Day, Eliana's Light is organizing a community-based volunteer effort to give gifts of self-care items to moms of children with complex medical conditions who will be spending Mother's Day in the hospital caring for their child. We greatly appreciate all the volunteers, organizations and companies that have contributed!
Here are some examples: Allison Fitzsimmons Photography, Beautycounter, Core72, CorePower Yoga, Crunch Fitness, Daisy Lane Photography, DC Association for Special Education, Fit4Mom of Montgomery County, Galley Foods DC, Ivymount School, Kingsbury School, Massage Envy, LilOmm, OneLife Fitness, Sport & Health, Staff of Children's National Medical Center, Swirl, The Katherine Thomas School, Thomas Jefferson Middle School, U.S. Fitness, and Wellness By Shari.
There are many ways individuals, organizations and companies have be involved. They have, for example:
1. Organized a group of friends to make a craft or baked good at their house. Here's an example of a craft that some moms have shared they'd like.
2. Made an in-kind donation of supplies for others to make crafts or baked goods for moms who will be at local hospitals over Mother's Day. We added these items to our Amazon Wish List: small containers to hold aromatherapy stress relief putty, organic lavender buds, organza bags to make a lavender sachet, and ribbon. Please consider making Elianas Light Inc your preferred charity on Amazon Smile for making these and other purchases!
3. Donated a small self-care item from their business, or asked a local business they know to make a donation. We welcomed lotions, gift certificates, and other self-care items that would be appropriate for moms.
4. Gave a financial donation to enable us to purchase ingredients and supplies.
5. Introduced us to a corporation that could provide hundreds of items you think moms would love.
We look forward to hearing from you, and hopefully collaborating with you! Please email your interest to email@example.com. We invite you to visit our Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages to see photos from this initiative. Thank you for considering ways you can support moms of children with complex medical conditions on Mother's Day.